Lens op de Mens – Fotofestival Pelt vzw | Privacy declaration
Lens op de Mens – Fotofestival Pelt vzw attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data and respect for your privacy.
In this privacy statement we want to provide clear and transparent information about what data we collect and how we handle personal data. We do everything we can to guarantee your privacy and therefore handle personal data with care. Lens op de Mens – Fotofestival Pelt vzw complies in all cases with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
This means that we at least:
- process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided; these purposes and type of personal data are described in this Privacy Statement
- limit the processing of your personal data to only those data that are at least necessary for the purposes for which they are processed
- ask for your explicit consent if we need it for the processing of your personal data
- have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data
- not pass on personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for the execution of the purposes for which they were provided
- be aware of your rights regarding your personal data, wish to point this out to you and respect them
As Lens op de Mens – Fotofestival Pelt vzw we are responsible for the processing of your personal data. If, after reading our privacy statement, or in a more general sense, you have questions about this or wish to contact us, you can do this via the contact details below:
Lens op de Mens – Fotofestival Pelt vzw
Why do we process personal data
Your personal data is processed by Lens op de Mens – Fotofestival Pelt vzw for the following purposes and legal grounds:
- To be able to participate in the activities of Lens op de Mens – Fotofestival Pelt vzw (implementation agreement upon registration)
- Sending newsletters and invitations (consent of the person concerned)
- Obtaining subsidies from the government (legal obligation)
- Adding authors’ identification data to their exhibited works
- Publishing a list of participants on our website https://www.fotofestivalpelt.be/
- Publishing the results of the photo competition on our website and in the media
For the above purposes, we may request, store and process the following personal data from you:
- Personal identity data: name, first name, address, telephone number, e-mail
- URL of your website
- Personal characteristics: date of birth, nationality, language
- Your status as a professional or amateur photographer
We only use the collected data for the purposes for which we obtained the data.
Provision to third parties
We can provide the data you provide to us to third parties if this is necessary for the implementation of the purposes described above. For example, we use a third party for:
- taking care of the internet environment (web design, web hosting)
- providing IT infrastructure (including IT network, …)
- arranging and distributing newsletters and invitations
- printing of the exhibited works
We never pass on personal data to other parties with whom we have not concluded a processor agreement.
We will of course make the necessary agreements with these parties (processors) to guarantee the security of your personal data.
Furthermore, we will not pass on the information you provide to third parties, unless this is required and permitted by law. An example of this is that the police requests (personal) data from us in the context of an investigation. In such a case, we must cooperate and are therefore obliged to provide this information.
We can also share personal data with third parties if you give us (written) permission for this. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing for its withdrawal.
We do not provide personal data to parties located outside the EU.
We only process personal data of minors (persons under 16 years of age) if written permission has been given by the parent or legal representative.
Lens op de Mens – Fotofestival Pelt vzw does not store personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or required by law.
The personal data is kept for a maximum of 5 years after the last use.
Security of the data
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing, for example we have taken the following measures:
• All persons who can view your data on behalf of Lens op de Mens – Fotofestival Pelt vzw are bound to confidentiality
• We have a username and password policy on all our systems
• We pseudonymise and ensure the encryption of personal data if there is reason to do so
• We make backups of the personal data in order to be able to restore them in the event of physical or technical incidents
• We regularly test and evaluate our measures
• Our employees have been informed about the importance of protecting personal data
Your rights regarding your data
You have the right to inspect and to correct or delete the personal data that we have received from you. At the top of this privacy statement is how you can contact us. You can also contact us via the contact page of our website https://fotofestivalpelt.be/.
(in order to prevent abuse, we can ask you to adequately identify yourself). To verify your identity, we ask you to send a copy of your identity card. We strongly recommend that you make your passport photo invisible and that it is a copy.
You can also object to the processing of your personal data (or part thereof) by us or by one of our processors.
You also have the right to have the data provided by you transferred by us to yourself or, on your instructions, directly to another party. We may ask you to identify yourself before we can respond to the aforementioned requests.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us directly.
You always have the right to file a complaint with the Privacy Commission, which is the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection.
Change of privacy statement
Lens op de Mens – Fotofestival Pelt vzw can change its privacy statement. We will announce this change on our website. The last change happened on June 11, 2020. Older versions of our privacy statement will be stored in our archive. Send us an e-mail if you want to consult it: firstname.lastname@example.org
Big thanks to the many passionate photo enthusiasts for the large number of submitted images
Also for the 2021 edition we could again witness a great success