COMPETITION RULES & REGULATIONS
- The competition is open for professional and amateur photographers of a high level.
- The theme of the photos is ‘Lens op de mens’ meaning that photos have to be about people in the large meaning of the word. For example, photos can represent documentaries or art.
- Every photographer can upload a maximum of 10 photos. The photographer has to pay 20 euro incl. VAT for every photo uploaded to share costs.
- The submission period ends February 6, 2019 at midnight.
- Photos are selected by an international jury depending on photographic qualities. It is not possible to appeal against their decision.
- The copyright of all images submitted remains with the copyright holder. However the Pelt Photo Festival ‘Lens op de Mens’ reserves the right to use any of the images submitted, without payment, for display and publicity purposes for this and future Pelt Photo Festival projects. It is vital that the candidate obtains the permission of the client and/or the copyright holder and any relevant model release forms, where appropriate before submitting the work.
- After registration on the website of the festival the photo files can be uploaded to the festival.
- Photos have to be submitted as jpg-files, compression High (10-12). The longest side of the pictures must be 50 cm (= 5906 pixels at 300 dpi).
- The filename must be composed as: Name_First Name_number.jpg
for example: Johnsson_John_1
- When the festival is finished and the exhibition is dismantled, the photographer can collect all photos. This will be between 10 and 20 October 2019 at set days and times. These will be advised at a future date. If the photographer doesn’t collect the photos, they will automatically become property of the organization. Photos selected for other exhibitions can’t be collected by the photographer.
- All photos will be exhibited during the exhibition. The selected photos will be printed; all other photos will be digital.
- The selected photos will be printed by the organization without any extra cost to the participating photographer.
- The name of the photographer will be displayed under each photo by the organization. Logos of partners and sponsors can also be included under the photo.
- Photos can be selected by the organisation and may be passed on to other exhibitions. These photos will remain property of the organization. We will notify the selected photographers by email.
- Any indecent or pornographic photos will be refused by the organization.
The selected photos are automatically entered into a competition. Prizes are awarded in different categories.
Awards for amateur photographers
- honorable mentioning
Awards for professional photographers
- honorable mentioning
Prize for the most promising photographer younger than 30 years old.
Prize for the most artistic photo
Prize of the public: Visitors to the exhibition will have the chance to vote for their favourite photo. During the closing ceremony the prize of the public will be revealed.
Participants agree to all rules when submitting photos.
- By submitting the photos and completing the registration form the photographer gives permission for the submitted photos to be used at the international photo festival ‘Lens op de Mens’
- Your registration will be accepted after the organisation receives the photos and the payment.
Big thanks to the many passionate photo enthusiasts for the large number of submitted images
Also for the 2019 edition we can again witness a great success